Staying productive throughout the day at work can often be hard to do. Juggling all the deadlines, emails, meetings, and tasks isn’t a walk in the park.
For many roles there isn’t a clear day-to-day measurement for productivity, so how people spend their time at work can always be improved. Here are some habits that you can try picking up if you haven’t already.
At the start of your day:
- Wake up early! There’s a reason the saying, “early bird gets the worm” is so popular.
- Establish an easy and consistent morning schedule.
- Dress better to feel better.
- Schedule your day out – whether it be a mental agenda or a written one.
- Set out goals for the day, week, and month.
- Take up meditation. Meditation often helps with concentration.
- Optimize breaks/free-time. Taking more breaks can actually help.
- Consider your most productive hours of the day and plan towards it.
- Avoid multitasking. Focusing on individual tasks can be be more productive than multitasking.
- Decorate and clean up your workspace; it can help with a clear and motivated mind.
- Improve the ways in which you communicate. Email can be a productivity killer.
- Stand up from your desk more frequently during micro-breaks.
A major part of productivity is maximizing time, and keeping a positive mindset. Of course, better tools can help you be more productive too. We make an enterprise messaging app specifically tailored for helping professionals get better work done more quickly. To learn more or sign up for the beta click the link below.